[AZ-Observing] Re: Shuttle/ISS pass...

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:26:28 -0400

Yes, it was a good show.  We saw pretty much the entire pass.  It began with
the ISS around magnitude -1 (similar to Mars) and the Shuttle at magnitude 1.
The two brightened for the first minute, but faded pretty quickly as they
approached the high point.  I think they became fainter due to a phase effect,
as the they waned from gibbous to crescent satellites.

Tom