[AZ-Observing] Sentinel & Vekol

  • From: Jeffmight@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:23:36 EST

   I got a solid half a night in at Vekol Thursday night before the clouds
and cold drove me away. A couple was there Ali and Ed? (I am so bad with
names!)
who are thinking of joining EVAC and we shared some celestial sights, Venus
and Mercury along with a few of the brighter Messier objects. Lynn was there
also and we got a chance talk shop for a while.
   I managed to get off 4 photos before the arriving clouds and cold drove me
off. One I took of the Flame nebula I am particularly happy with. It's nice
to get round stars every once and a while. Not S&T material but light years
ahead of anything I've done before.
   Last weeks Sentinal/Swaar Star Party was a blast (even though I didn't do
much observing or astrophotography) hanging around fun people like Steve, Joe,
Glenn and Bob is always a great time. But just before dawn I did get one
photo of the thin cresent moon just above the clouds. Here's the link.

  Jeff Vandecar
   Earthshine at Sentinel