[AZ-Observing] STSPlus satellite tracking software

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:03:08 -0700

Another good satellite tracking software package that I like is STS
Plus, authored by Dr. David Ransom in Sedona, AZ.
http://www.dransom.com/
(This excellent software is a FREE download, or you may offer a
voluntary contribution....)
The web pages also provide updated TLE (Two-Line Elements) for most
satellites, which is the data needed to make the software display an
accurate, up to date orbit.

Dr. Ransom evidently originally developed his programs for use by NASA
in their mission control centers.
 I have used his software with good success for public displays about
the Hubble Space Telescope at the Arizona Science Center in Phoenix.
Gene Lucas
(17250)