[AZ-Observing] SAC newsletter for November

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: SMTP <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 01:35:10 -0700

I found it fascinating as I read through the "30 years ago" article in
the SAC newsletter.  Even just a few minutes with that old newsletter
shows a list of club members who were at the last meeting in October.

A.J. Crayon, Tom Polakis, Rick Rotramel, Gerry Rattley and me had there
names in that rather short article.  Besides the folks in the article,
the meeting had Gene Lucas, Lynn Blackburn, Paul Lind and several others
I can't think of right away (sorry).  How many clubs have so many senior
members still attending meetings?

There was also several names of club members from that era who have not
attended a meeting in many years.  How great would it be to see Pete
Burgraff, Dan Ward, John McGrath, Stan Celestian or Cathe Becker show up
at a meeting?

I also noticed that the article mentioned showing slides for a
presentation.  I do remember that I was the last person to show slides
as a presentation for show and tell.  I had to ask Tom Polakis to bring
the club's slide projector to the meeting.  Ah, the good old days.  Do
computer problems equal a jammed slide tray?

Clear skies;
Steve Coe