[AZ-Observing] Re: Report on the Televue Diagonal

  • From: "Bill VanOrden" <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:56:48 -0700

Stan,

Personally I don't think you will see the difference visually unless you can
set them up like a binoviewer and switch back and forth extremely quickly.

I have one of the designer 2" diagonals, it is machined from one piece of
metal and this (I hope) pretty much guarantees square ness and alignment.  I
am to lazy to dig through the boxes to find out who makes the one I have. I
am going to crawl out on the limb and state alignment issues of the mirror
or the mirror distorted from mounting stresses.

Beevo

BTW, you should have come with us to Nightall, a good time was had by all.