[AZ-Observing] Re: Real-Time Telescope Viewing

  • From: "Randy Peterson" <rgpeterson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:45:54 -0700

Just FYI, I checked into this, not from an observing interest but from a way
to extend my ability to do asteroid occultations from there as well as from
here.  There are a half-dozen or so occultations predicted to pass over/near
there this year.  Unfortunately, their equipment does NOT have the
capability of doing occultation work.  Their equipment is very well suited
to accumulating interesting images for you to view and record.

I think their main advantage is that you can observe early in the afternoon
our time, as they are close to Greenwich time there.  If it's cloudy here,
maybe clear there, etc.

Sounds interesting, but I opted not to participate because of the
occultation limitations.

Randy Peterson