[AZ-Observing] Re: Question about Iridium flare

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:21:04 -0700

Sounds exactly like an Iridium flare to me.  You can go to a website
called Heavens Above, feed in your lat. and long. and get it to tell you
what events happened yesterday.  You need to be fairly accurate on the
latitude and longitude as a few mile can make quite a difference on the
flare brightness.  There is a selection for flares in the previous 48
hours on the main page, and once you get into the tables of flares you
can step back further with the "prev" selection at the top.

Andrew

http://www.heavens-above.com/

Andrew Cooper
http://www.siowl.com