[AZ-Observing] Questar 12 at Riverside, years ago

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 03:47:54 -0700

Howdy all;

Long ago, the Questar gang showed up at Riverside and set up a big Questar
12 on that huge Byers mount on the upper observing field.  I have some
observations from that night, but I did not write down the date--silly me.
Is there someone who can tell me the date of this occasion?

I will tell you that the view of Jupiter with that scope was terrific.  At
300X (12 inches at f/15) with a 25mm eyepiece it was just idling in 2nd
gear.  There was lots of detail within the 8 bands, even at the pole we were
seeing.  Beautiful color, mostly brown and light blue among the white spots
and festoons.

I am putting the observation of the Dumbbell nebula into the book, if I can
find out the date.  I don't wish to sound too foolish.

Hope someone knows;

Steve Coe