[AZ-Observing] Planets in morning sky

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 07:50:24 -0400

OK, I really have to get some sleep after this;

After being clouded out last time, it is fascinating how far the planets
have moved in just 48 hours.  Like Ken Sikes I did not see Mars but
Jupiter, Venus and Mercury are in very different locations than they were
on Tuesday morning.  Jupiter and Venus are much further apart and Mercury
seems to be closer to the horizon.  They still fit in the 8X42 binoculars.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe