[AZ-Observing] Pictures from Vekol March 13

  • From: "Jon Christensen" <jonc97@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:35:06 -0700

Here are some shots from the morning hours of March 13th taken from Vekol.  I
used a camera/telescope combination (C14/STL11000M) that is not supposed to
work out but I went ahead and did it as an experiment.  The conventional wisdom
is that an SCT does not provide a flat enough field for the 35mm film-sized
chip my camera has.

M63:

http://members.cox.net/jonc97/images/astro/galaxies/m63.htm

M8: