[AZ-Observing] Perseid meteors

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 04:47:27 -0400

Howdy all;

I am in the Happy Jack RV park for one more day, I am moving to the meadow
site on Monday.  I sat around a campfire this evening and chatted with
some neighbors and we saw some meteors.  I wasn't really counting, but I
would think we saw 25 in 2 hours or so from midnight to almost 2 AM.  At
least one of the meteors I observed was a sporatic, going right toward
Cassiopeia.

Fun with space dust;
Steve Coe