[AZ-Observing] Re: Orionid meteors

  • From: "Wes Edens" <edensw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:35:39 -0700

At the All Az Star party,I was photographing the area of Comet Swan when =
we had a large fireball pass overhead.  By luck my exposure caught the =
last part of it.  Has anyone figured out if that was an Orionid?  Other =
than the meteor, it wasn't a great picture.  Swan isn't clearly visible.
I did get some other pictures I was happy with, though, and so I'm going =
to have Tony & Daphne Hallas scan a few of the better negatives, and I'll =
have them do the Swan one, too.  Who knows?  With a little tweaking, maybe =
I got the comet and the meteor in the same frame.  I'll post the scans =
when I get them back.
Wes

>>> "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx> 10/23/06 4:55 PM >>>
Paul;

I am getting my film developed and if I captured any meteors from the
Antennas site at Hovatter Road, I will bring them to the SAC meeting.

After seeing several of the fireballs, I would put on the 50mm lens and =
=3D
aim
it somewhere "up" and let it track while we got a sandwich and chatted.  =
=3D
So,
we will see.

Hoping for the best;