[AZ-Observing] Opto Isolator for SBig Camera

  • From: "Stars" <stars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:40:08 -0700

I have been asked to develop an Opto-Isolator for the Sbig camera to go
between the Sbig DB9 Guider and a 6 pin RJ12 Guider input on the Gemini
telescope controllers.  The Gemini and Celestron use the same pin out for
the Guider input.

I don't have a Sbig camera to be able to test this Opto-Isolator with.  Is
there anyone in the Phoenix Area that has a Sbig camera that uses the DB9 to
RJ-12 cable and is willing to test this?  This unit replaces that cable.

I would like to work with anyone who is willing to test this unit.

Thomas Hilton
Tom at astronomystores dot com