[AZ-Observing] Re: Novices for this weekend

  • From: Andrew Goodwin <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:14:50 -0400

   Thanks for the great link Tom. I just have one question.
What or where is REI? I went to NAU for my BS and my feet were always cold.
Note to all that Vivram soles on hiking boots will suck the warmth out of your
feet. I finally got some "muck-lucks" for christmas and had happy feet the
remaining three years.

 Andrew G.

> From: "Tom Polakis" <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
> Date: 2004/06/16 Wed PM 01:59:09 EDT
> To: "Reply-To:az-observing"@freelists.org
> Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: Novices for this weekend
>
> Steve mentioned dressing for cold weather.  Even when the low temperature
> will likely be a mild 40 degrees or so at 5 Mile Meadow, that can be quite
> a shock when you have become accustomed to highs above 100.  Bring all the
> warm clothes you have, and for some tips on dressing for cold weather,
> read the definitive post on the subject by Tony Muller on this mailing
> list:
>
> //www.freelists.org/archives/az-observing/12-2002/msg00122.html
>
> Tom

Andrew Goodwin