[AZ-Observing] Novice Group meeting on Saturday night at Cherry Rd.

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:19:19 -0700

Howdy all;

The SAC Novice group will meet at Cherry Road on Saturday evening.  I know
that the monsoon storms are starting up again and we can delay a discussion
of weather until about 3 PM on Saturday afternoon.  I hope that we can get
lucky and have the clouds stay away.  We have had 4 of these star parties in
the past and half of them have been successful, so there is a 50-50
chance;-)

If you are truly a novice then we would love to have you attend.  No "silly
questions" of any type will be ignored.  We hope that you will leave knowing
more about viewing the stars than when you arrived.  Sunset is at 7PM on the
nose, so please leave Phoenix by 5 PM or so, that way there will be plenty
of time to talk about telescopes during twilight and then observe with them
once it gets dark.

Hope to see you there;

Steve Coe