[AZ-Observing] Need your help again for the next round of SB1218

  • From: "Mozdzen, Tom J" <tom.j.mozdzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:31:31 -0700

Arizona observers:
The following request comes from Gabrielle Giffords seeking our help.
The bill comes up for another vote Wednesday morning, so please get your
emails out today and tomorrow. If you can spare the time, she is asking
for a volunteer or two to come to the hearing and testify.
Tom M.
Thank you for your continued interest in keeping our skies dark.

I want to update you on Senate Bill 1218.  The bill will be heard in the
House Committee on Utilities and Municipalities on Wednesday morning,
beginning at 9 AM in House Hearing Room 5.  It is important that you let
the members of the House committee know your thoughts on this piece of
legislation as soon as possible.

The members of the House Committee on Utilities and Municipalities are:
Manuel Alvarez, Ray Barnes, Andy Biggs, Meg Burton-Cahill, Randy Graf,
Clancy Jayne, Tom Prezelski, Lucy Mason, John Nelson (Committee
Chairman).

You can reach them at 1 800 352-8404 or by email at:

malvarez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; rbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
abiggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; mburtonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rgraf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; cjayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tprezels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; lmason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would also encourage you to come to the State Capitol to testify in
person.  If you are interested in testifying, please let me know.  With
all hope, this bill will then go to the full body of the House of
Representatives.  At that point, I will then contact you about the full
House.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I sincerely thank you for all of your support on this bill.

Sincerely,
Gabrielle Giffords
(602) 542-5262
ggifford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx