[AZ-Observing] NGC7640

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 20:04:03 -0700

Hi,

This is a picture of NGC7640. It is a barred spiral galaxy about 29 million
light years away in the constellation Andromeda. This galaxy is about 59,000
light years in diameter which makes it smaller than our Milky Way galaxy. It
is hidden behind a thin veil of intergalactic dust and gas similar to the
IFN. This picture does not show this faint nebula, but I may try to process
a version that brings out more of the nebula.

http://www.azstarman.net/NGC7640.htm

Comments or suggestions are welcomed.

Bernard