[AZ-Observing] NGC3628 in Leo - #3 of the "Trio"

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az-Observing List <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 09:16:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

While dim galaxies are normally the forte of my CCD setup, I was surpised by
the well recorded details and faint extensions I was able to pick up in this
one hour exposure for this low surface brightness object.  The very thick
central dust lane seems to have plenty of details to offer the larger
apertures, and I have also included a key map on an overlay on the lower image
to guide you to the fainter objects in this field.
http://www.schursastrophotography.com/xtiastro/ngc3628.html
Clear Skies,

Chris

Schur's Web Portal: http://www.schursastrophotography.com