[AZ-Observing] Moon Occults Antares

  • From: BillFerris@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 03:50:25 EDT

I just observed the Moon occult Antares. The star disappeared at 07:10:12  UT
(12:10:12 AM MST) as viewed from my backyard in Flagstaff, Arizona. My Garmin
 etrex gives coordinates of N35 11.840, W111 37.899 and an elevation of 7027
ft.  Antares disappeared behind the western lunar limb at about 7 degrees
north  latitude. The crater Olbers is about 50 km east of the disappearance
point.
I  was observing with my 18-inch Obsession at 109X.

Regards,

Bill in Flagstaff