[AZ-Observing] Re: Meteoric observations need accurate reporting

  • From: "Kevin Bays" <bayskevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:25:02 -0700

I also saw the bright meteor of June 9, with Sam Rua at Chiricahua National
Monument.  I also noted that it passed downward near Sagittarius.  I noted 2
or 3 bright flashes sufficiently bright to make me shut my eyes from the
discomfort.  I heard no sounds.  The color I noted was green.  The object
seemed to exhibit an elliptical-shaped head and a tail of maybe 5 degrees,
although I'm straining my memory re: the tail length.  Sam noted a color
change.  I think he mentioned an orange hue during part of the apparition.