[AZ-Observing] Mercury In The Morning

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:48:21 -0500

On my way out of the driveway at 6:30 this morning, I was treated to a nice
view of Mercury in mid-twilight.  It's at about 7 o'clock position with respect
to Jupiter.  The "Sky Gazer's Almanac" from the January 2005 S&T shows this as
being the best of Mercury's elongations for the year.  It is a couple degrees
above the horizon at astronomical twilight, and that's about as good as it gets
from our latitude.

It looks like it will be visible for another week and a half.

Tom