[AZ-Observing] Major Airglow Enhancement in North

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az-Observing List <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike Bakich Astronomy <mbakich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Adam Block <ngc1535@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Steve Coe <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>, EVAC list <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jerry Bonnell APOD\)" <bonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Orman <joe.orman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Thelma/John Ofarrell <thelmaann@xxxxxxx>, Tony Phillips <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dawn Schur <dschur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lon Shelton <bitsylon@xxxxxxxxx>, Peter Wehinger <pwehinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:50:14 -0700 (PDT)

Here is another new fisheye shot, an aurora patrol
shot taken the same night September 9th, as they were
haveing bright green aurora in Finland and Alaska.
What we seem to have gotten here in Arizona is a major
brigthening of the airglow to the north, also green,
with some streaky structure to it.  I have not
photographed this phenomenon this well before, and
really wanted to share it with all of you.  Please
comment if you seen this spectacle in the north
before!

http://www.schursastrophotography.com/xtiastro/fisheye090907airglow.html

Your northern Arizona connection,

Chris