[AZ-Observing] MMSS Saturday viewing

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 10:09:03 -0700

To all, after having watched the weather for several days and reviewed
all the messages that have come across on this list, I have decided
against going to the, long awaited, Mormon Mountain Star Stare.  Yes it
is a disappointment, but can we wait until next year?

Although Cherry Rd. looks like it might be available I'll not make that
session either.

Nor will Vekol Rd be attempted.

What I have decided to do is stay home and do some tweaking on my
telescope, to bring it back into mechanical alignment.  Attempting this
at any of the above mentioned star parties may not be possible as the
scope may not even be able to be setup.  Even if it is that bad here in
Phoenix and my backyard can't be used, there's always the living room or
lab.

BTW, in the past couple of days I've heard Orme Rd. mentioned twice; is
there a spot down that road that could be used for a star party?  In the
past couple of decades it has been ignored, primarily because of the
school, which is about five miles off the highway.

Clear skies (yeah right!)
aj