[AZ-Observing] M45

  • From: Albert Barr <ajbarr@xxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 16:03:26 -0700

Here's another of many attempts at M45. This is actually 8 hours and 20 minutes
taken in NM. I did 4 hours of 300 second RGBs, 4 hours of 600 second luminance,
4 hours of 300 second luminance and 20 minutes of 60 second exposures. I
combined the luminance files with a PixInsight HDR combine tool and then
created the LRGB. The "trail" on the bright star on the left is not a
satellite. It's something created by the glass.

Albert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/10107514816/

PS I am sure most of you think I am crazy by now but please remember I moved
here from Florida this year and we had about 350 cloudy nights a year. This is
like imaging heaven to me:)