[AZ-Observing] Re: Lunar Occultation

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 17:33:55 -0700

JD,

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Bernard

-----Original Message-----
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of J. D MADDY
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2015 5:00 PM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Lunar Occultation

The skies were fairly clear this morning for the occultation of Venus by the
Moon. There were some high clouds that came across the sky as Venus was
behind the Moon. The Moon was near the meridian during the wait time after
Venus disappeared. That gave me time to flip the meridian and rotate the
cameras to catch Venus coming out. Venus slows down in the video as it nears
first contact as I adjusted the time down to 5 seconds between pictures.
Click the back button on Flickr to see four individual shots. I used the C14
with the Hyperstar on a CGE mount.

Fun time to watch it, but the occultation several years ago before sun up
was easier to view.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59454099@N00/22967693494/in/dateposted-public/

https://youtu.be/B6pnHCD0dCs

JD Maddy