[AZ-Observing] Re: Lotsa rain at Happy Jack

  • From: William Burke <wjbanjo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 11:28:51 -0700

Hello all. I'm new to the group and perhaps the cause of the wet weather .By
way of introduction I live up in Flagstaff, Doney Park actually, have a
small(7x7 foot) back yard observatory, am a member of CAS and do a fair number
of outreach events. The rain may be the result of me getting another old
telescope which means I have to sell my slightly newer 1987 Astro-Physics 5
inch F 6 widefield triplet. If anyone is interested please let me know. I'm
asking 1800 for the scope with dew shield . My email is wjbanjo@xxxxxxxxxxx.
Hope we all get a break in the clouds soon. Bill Burke

From: eric@xxxxxxxxxx
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: Lotsa rain at Happy Jack
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 06:03:23 +0000

Yeah, pretty wet and thundery down here. Supposed to clear by the morning,
but dew points are still forecast to stay elevated. We'll see...
Eric

Sent using
CloudMagic<https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=6.3.35&pv=5.0>

On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Steve
<stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Howdy all;

Well, the little drizzle up here has become a real rainstorm. It
appears that it will keep it up for a few days. I assume that the
Valley is getting quite a bit also. I am very happy that I decided to
take down my "new" telescope and put it into the SUV.

Stay dry;
Steve Coe