[AZ-Observing] Re: Long-Mt. Graham Star Party

  • From: "G.B." <geebee111@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:17:20 GMT

Thanks Andrew.  Treasure park is where we were.  I was led to believe that the
elevation was 9100-9200 feet. In any event, arriving in the dark we did not
want to venture out into the overgrown field without a daylight review.  We
ended up observing from one of campsites on the perimeter of said field and we
are looking forward to a return visit at a future date.

Cheers,

Geoff

You might try Treasure Park, not quite as high at about 8900ft, but it
is a ~40acre meadow that faces downhill to the south making it much more
suitable for observing.   It is an undeveloped camping area and doesn't
have the facilitied that the main campground has.

Check http://www.siowl.com/index.html?ObservingSites/obssites.html for
more information (select Mt. Graham)

Andrew