[AZ-Observing] Last Night was a good night...

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 12:13:07 -0700

The weather here in Arizona continues to cooperate for astronomy. The
"monsoon's" are holding off, but not for long. The extended forecast is
showing probable rain for the coming weekend. Naturally.. It's the July 4th
weekend. We need lots of lightning and thunder for that one !!!

Anyway, last night was a good one. Boy, in the summer, if you want more than
1 image, you have to stay up well past midnight. I can't even get started
until about 9:00 PM.

Last night was interesting..  On the viewing list were these wonderful,
excellent to view, and generally, fun targets:

                The Propeller             DWB-111             Ha   (Hydrogen
Alpha)
        http://www.az-dahut.net/Obs-Log-Sheets/DWB-111-06272014.jpg

                The Butterfly              IC-1318                 Ha  (Due
to unexpected size [FOV] - I clipped the Butterfly's left wind)
                http://www.az-dahut.net/Obs-Log-Sheets/IC-1318-06272014.jpg

                The Pelican                  IC-5067                 Ha
(You have to look for awhile.  but it is there [The shape])
        http://www.az-dahut.net/Obs-Log-Sheets/IC-5067-06272014.jpg

What a collection !
As Steve Coe would say..Clear skies to us all !!  More targets await us.

David M. Douglass
dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (secondary)
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (main)
Cell (602) 908-9092