[AZ-Observing] Re: Jupiter Puts On a Show

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:26:54 -0400

Hi Tom, et al;

I was viewing Jupiter at about 11 PM with the TV 102 and a 6.7mm eyepiece.
 It was lots of fun.  I had good seeing at Antennas and the two shadows
were excellent.  I liked that one was so much larger than the other.
Also, there was a festoon that curved from the North Equatorial Belt
toward the equator.  I did not take any images, but I am happy with my
drawing.

My disappointment from last night was that the 35mm f/2 camera lens I
tried out was not good.  The stars in the outer 40% of the field are all
comet shaped.  I will have to return it when I get back into town.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe