[AZ-Observing] Re: Is there a FITs/Photoshop expert out there?

  • From: DAVID SHAFER <davidgshafer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Arizona Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 17:06:33 -0700

Up to CS2, Photoshop would not work on a FITS file. FITS Lliberator is a
utility that is used to import images into Photoshop, then you can work PS
magic and save in any of the PS file formats. There are a host of options when
you import, if you google FITS Liberator the download is free along with a
great deal of documentation. I do not know if later versions of PS can deal
with the FITS file format. David Shafer