[AZ-Observing] Re: Incoming asteroid 2002 NY40

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:19:09 -0700

> The various ephemeris sites will allow(require) entry of an observatory
code,
> which are assigned by the Minor Planet Center.  For the purposes of this
> object, it's sufficient to use 675 (Kitt Peak) for anywhere in southern
> Arizona, and 688 (Lowell) for northern Arizona.  I doubt that using, say,
> 701 (Dave Healy's backyard in the 'burbs of Sierra Vista) would make much
> difference in terms of finding the thing visually.

Brian, et al,

I just went to the site you had linked to in your email and found that the
code for Kitt Peak
is 695.  Just wanted to point that out in case anyone else was planning on
trying for this guy.
Magnitude wise, it appears that Aug. 13 may be a good time to start
looking.....

Thad

messages.  Thanks.