[AZ-Observing] In Deming, NM

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 01:56:13 -0400

Howdy all;

Tom and Jeannie Clark and myself are in an RV park in Deming, NM.  There
is progress on the land they purchased about 25 miles north of here.  The
sewer line trench and electrical power are in place and we are probably
going to move up to have the motorhomes on the property next week.

He has a solid lead on a fellow to buy the land and telescope in
Chiefland, Fla.  So they are hoping to move here permanently by next year.

I will leave here in the middle of August to start making my way to the
Oregon Star Party.  We could certainly have some fun at Fred's Meadow when
I return.

There is a meeting of the Silver City Astronomy Club during the first week
in July, so we are planning to drive up and spend some time with those
folks.

Once we get a chance to observe, I will send along a report.  I do hope
that we get a little rain to wash all the smoke and dust out of the air.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe