[AZ-Observing] Re: If you haven't already done this....HB 2461

  • From: "Mozdzen, Tom J" <tom.j.mozdzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:37:44 -0700

Go Janet!

-----Original Message-----
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Hopkins
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 8:17 AM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: If you haven't already done this....HB 2461

At 15:11 -0700 5/6/05, Thad Robosson wrote:
>This was posted earlier in the week, but I haven't seen much traffic on
it.
>If you haven't done so,
>please go to the link below and fill out the online form.  It only
takes a
>couple of minutes.  Please forward this to others who would be willing
>help out us poor astonomy types!
>>  HB 2461  beautification; highways; advertising regulation (now:
outdoor
>>  advertising; regulation)   OPPOSED

 From the state web site it appears the governor vetoed the bill.

BILL STATUS OVERVIEW

HB2461
SPONSORS: GORMAN P PIERCE C
TITLE: beautification; highways; advertising regulation
(NOW: outdoor advertising; regulation)
HOUSE FIRST READ: 01/20/05
Vote Detail 01/20/05 TRANS 02/10/05 (5-4-0-0-0) DPA/SE
Vote Detail 01/20/05 RULES 02/15/05 (8-0-0-1-0) C&P
SECOND READ: 01/24/05
MAJORITY CAUCUS 03/01/05 Y
MINORITY CAUCUS: 02/15/05 Y
COW ACTION 1: DATE ACTION AYES NAYS NV EXC
03/03/05 DPA 0 0 0 0
AMENDMENTS
TRANS passed
Prezelski flr am #1 to TRANS failed
Prezelski flr am #2 to TRANS failed
Downing flr am to TRANS failed by s/v 18-33
Downing motion to incl Downing flr am to TRANS failed by v/v
THIRD READ: DATE AYES NAYS NV EXC EMER AMEND RFE 2/3 VOTE RESULT
Vote Detail 03/08/05 36 22 2 0 Y PASSED
TRANSMIT TO SENATE: 03/08/05
SENATE FIRST READ: 03/08/05
SECOND READ: 03/22/05
COMMITTEES: ASSIGNED COMMITTEES ACTION
Vote Detail 03/22/05 TRANS 03/22/05 (3-2-0-0) DP
03/22/05 APPROP 04/06/05 W/D
03/22/05 RULES 04/11/05 PFC
MAJORITY CAUCUS: 04/11/05 Y
MINORITY CAUCUS: 04/11/05 Y
COW ACTION 1: DATE ACTION AYES NAYS NV EXC
04/13/05 DPA 0 0 0 0
AMENDMENTS
Giffords flr amend (ref Bil) adopted
MOTION TO AMEND 1: DATE AYES NAYS NV EXC
Vote Detail 04/13/05 14 13 3 0
COW MOTION
Do Pass out of COW. Sen Gifford's moved to include the Giffords floor=20
amendment. Motion carried
THIRD READ: DATE AYES NAYS NV EXC EMER AMEND RFE 2/3 VOTE RESULT
Vote Detail 04/14/05 19 10 1 0 Y PASSED
TRANSMIT TO HOUSE: 04/14/05
MAJORITY CAUCUS: 04/18/05 Y
MINORITY CAUCUS: 04/18/05 Y
Conference committee recommended
CONFERENCE COMMITTEE:
HOUSE: APPOINTED 04/19/05 FREE
MEMBERS: GORMAN, PIERCE, PREZELSKI
CONFERENCE COMMITTEE:
SENATE: APPOINTED 04/19/05 FREE
MEMBERS: VERSCHOOR, GIFFORDS, GOULD
RECOMMENDATION: That the bill be accepted as originally passed by the
House.
HOUSE ADOPT: 04/27/05
SENATE ADOPT: 05/02/05
SENATE FINAL READ: DATE AYES NAYS NV EXC EMER RFE 2/3 VOTE RESULT
Vote Detail 05/02/05 16 13 1 0 PASSED
TRANSMIT TO HOUSE: 05/02/05
TRANSMITTED TO: GOVERNOR 05/03/05
ACTION: VETOED 05/09/05

Jeff
--=20
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT
Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
http://www.hposoft.com/Astro/astro.html

  Small minds speak about people * Average minds speak of events
************   Great minds speak of ideas!    ****************