[AZ-Observing] ISS/Shuttle Pass through telescope

  • From: Rick Scott <rmscott@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing MLS <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:08:55 -0700

I just watched the ISS with the shuttle pass over Phoenix through my
Lurie-Houghton telescope using a Nagler 22mm Type 4 eyepiece. This gives
me a little over a 1.5 degree FOV which allowed me to manually track the
scope ahead of the spacecraft many times and watch them sail past. The
shape of the shuttle was very distinct with golden solar panels trailing
it that appeared about as long in total span as the length of the
ISS/shuttle combination. What a glorious sight!!

Rick Scott
http://members.cox.net/rmscott

messages.  Thanks.