[AZ-Observing] Re: I split Sirius tonight

  • From: Lynn Blackburn <lynnrb11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 06:41:04 -0800 (PST)

We (club members) used to split Sirius quite easily in the early 1980s. Worked
out that the P.A. of Rigel and Sirius companions where about the same. So we
would observe Rigel and note its orientationi in the eyepiece, then swing over
to Sirius and look for the pup in the same area. I was obseving with an 8" GEM
reflector back then. Lynn
Steve Coe <stevecoe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:  Jeff, Dwight, et al;

I am very glad for you two and all the others who have tried the split =
this
famous binary pair. It is the reason I posted it in the first place.

Clear Skies to us all;
Steve Coe