[AZ-Observing] How cloudy was it?

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:32:33 -0700 (MST)

     Up until Christmas, one could have thought the winter was going
pretty normally in terms of number of clear nights.  But since then we've
had two months of nearly unremitting cloudiness, and 15 Pacific trough
passages by my reckoning, including the pulse that came through last night.
Since today is sunny, we can only hope we're turning over a new leaf for March.

\Brian

Flagstaff nighttime cloudiness

Dec
 1   photom (12,3)
 2   photom (12,4)
 3   partial (7,5)
 4   cloudy  [Winterstorm 15 (20cm snow)]
 5   cloudy  [Winterstorm 16]
 6   cloudy
 7   cloudy  [Winterstorm 17]
 8   cloudy
 9   spectro
10   spectro
11   photom (12,12)
12   photom (12,12)
13   photom (12,12)
14   partial (8,8)  [Winterstorm 18]
15   photom (12,9)
16   photom (12,8)
17   cloudy
18   photom (12,5)
19   photom (12,4)
20   cloudy
21   photom (12,2)  [Winterstorm 19]
22   photom (12,1)
23   partial (10,0)  [Winterstorm 20]
24   spectro
25   partial (5,0)
26   cloudy
27   cloudy
28   cloudy  [Winterstorm 21 (heavy rain)]
29   cloudy
30   cloudy
31   cloudy

Jan
 1   cloudy
 2   cloudy
 3   cloudy  [Winterstorm 22 (90cm snow)]
 4   cloudy
 5   cloudy  [Winterstorm 23]
 6   cloudy
 7   cloudy
 8   cloudy  [Winterstorm 24]
 9   cloudy
10   cloudy
11   cloudy  [Winterstorm 25]
12   photom (12,12)
13   cloudy
14   photom (12,7)
15   spectro
16   cloudy
17   photom (12,5)
18   cloudy
19   photom (12,3)
20   cloudy
21   cloudy
22   spectro
23   cloudy  [Winterstorm 26]
24   cloudy
25   cloudy
26   cloudy  [Winterstorm 27]
27   cloudy  [Winterstorm 28]
28   cloudy
29   cloudy  [Winterstorm 29 (15cm snow)]
30   cloudy
31   cloudy

Feb
 1   cloudy