[AZ-Observing] Great week of viewing at Antennas

  • From: "Steve Coe" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "stevecoeaz2001" for DMARC)
  • To: Az-observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 02:57:03 +0000 (UTC)

Howdy all;
I just got back to the RV park in Wickenburg after a week of viewing from the
Antennas site.  It was breezy for a few of the nights, but when it was good I
was very happy with the sky conditions.
There were something between three and five observers enjoying the nights and I
can say this is the best observing session I have had in many years.  Paul
Lind, Al Steiwing, Lynn Blackburn, Matt Luttinen and George Kolb were there for
many of the nights during the week.
I have lots of observations to type in and I am now really convinced that I
like the Celestron 9.25 inch SCT.  The images in it are sharp and contrasty.
During the best seeing I split a 1.3 arc second binary.  That is a rare
observation down in the flats of Arizona.
We all said that we plan to return to the site for December New Moon.  I do
hope we have similar weather, with a little less wind.
Hope to see you there;Steve Coe