[AZ-Observing] Re: Going Green out at the observing field

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 19:08:28 -0700

Here is the link to what I have. www.sunoven.com As I stated it folds down
compactly doesn't really take up much space when set up. All I need to
develop is a good automatic solar powered sun tracker and I'll have it made.
Looking at your design I'm rather amazed that it didn't incinerate anything
placed at the focal point. I would think that wind and lack of heat
retention may have prevented from reaching boiling or beyond. I have seen
parabolic designs that are "scary" hot. I understand that SCT's will do the
same if pointed at the sun in an unfiltered state. The "smoke" shot of the
rays is awesome..

Jimmy Ray