[AZ-Observing] Re: Globular NGC6712 and Planetary IC1295 in Scutum

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:47:29 -0700

Chris, as usual, a fine image. I've got an observation from 10 Aug 2002 from
Cherry Rd of both objects (Saw them in the same field). This was in an *"
f/6 Dob at 72x. I'd give the night a 6 for see & 7 for Transparency. My
Observations below:

IC 1295: Noted in same field as NGC 6712. Very small stellarlike, would not
have seen it if not for obvious field stars pointing at it. Using the O-III
it is barely visible although obvious from the blue color.

NGC 6712: Noted in same field as IC 1295. Seen as mottled haze about 2' in
size. Brighter toward the middle and slightly elongated about 1.1-1 E-W.

Clear Skies
Rick Tejera
President, Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club