[AZ-Observing] Re: Galaxy list for book images

  • From: George Kolb <geokolb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 20:35:34 -0700

Steve, I have a few of these for you.
NGC253
NGC891
NGC2403
NGC5128

All using QHY8 CCD Camera on TEC 140mm, 980mm FL, f7 refractor

Thanks, George

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM, <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Howdy all;

When I started putting together the second edition of my book "Deep Sky
Observing", I mentioned that I will need some good images of a variety
of deep sky objects. The first edition is from 1999 and obviously
astrophotography has gotten much better since then. After a
conversation with my editor at Springer, she gave me until July 1 to
have it all ready. So, if you have some images of these galaxies and
are willing have them included in the book with your name and telescope
included, please send them along. I am sorry that I cannot offer any
money for your contribution. With modern techniques I am certain they
will be better than the films images I included with the first
edition:-). I will post for nebulae and clusters in the next few days.

Thank you very much;
Steve Coe

Galaxies Chap. 9

NGC 247 Cetus