[AZ-Observing] Re: GCSP_2013_South_Rim

  • From: "Ketelsen, Dean A - (ketelsen)" <ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 05:31:01 +0000

Hi Jim and everyone else!

Returned safely to Tucson - sorry to only attend the first half of the event,
but we've both gotta work tomorrow and I've got a CT scheduled too - will be a
big dose of reality after 4 days of the Canyon!  Just finished the first of
likely a couple posts on this year's event at:

www.theketelsens.blogspot.com

-Dean

Grand Canyon Star Party - DAY THREE - The Wind Decides To Move In

Location: Grand Canyon Visitor Center, South Rim of Grand Canyon, AZ, about
 340 miles north of home in Tucson, about 7000 ft elevation

Weather: Mid 80s at Noon, 70s at sunset, DOGGONE cold and windy until 11 PM
 when we broke up. Clear sky, gusty winds.

Seeing and Transparency: The wind gusts are stealing the seeing.
Transparency not as good as the last two nights, although my cue, Canes
Venatici,
had both main stars easily visible.

Jim  O'Connor
South Rim Coordinator