[AZ-Observing] Fwd: Stargazing Event Request

  • From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lynn.az@xxxxxxx, slaggas@xxxxxxx, jenneubauer@xxxxxxxxxxx, AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 16:00:33 -0700

SAC Club Members,
The School Star Party and Science Night at Arrowhead Elementary was a huge
success, and I do mean huge. That is one big school! Thanks to Jeff, Rick,
Jimmy, and all who came and supported the Club and Astronomy outreach and
education. About 300 enthusiastic kids and parents and 4 telescopes on about
6 acres of lawn beside the school, just N of Arrowhead Mall. The golf cart
was a fun option and a big help. The bottles of water and candy bars were
appreciated also. One of the best school star parties we've had.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix AZ