[AZ-Observing] Re: Fwd: (146268) Jennipolakis

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jennifer Polakis <m24@xxxxxxx>, SAC-Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, EVAC ASTRO <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 23:44:49 -0700

May I add my Very BIG Congrats to our newest solar system "partner", Jenn!

(146268) is a Main Belt asteroid, orbiting around the Sun about 1/6 the
distance outward between Mars to Jupiter.  (According to a table at the
MPC web pages), Absolute Magnitude H (at 1 AU) = 17.3 magn., which
indicates a range of estimated size (depending upon reflectivity, or
albedo) from 654 to 2,100 meters (2,146 to 6,890 feet).  Not too huge,
but big enough to land a spaceship on it!!

Orbital period is 1275.8 d = 3.49 yrs.
Present distance, 3.497 AU from Earth, or 2.557 AU from the Sun.

Cheers,
Gene Lucas
(17250)