[AZ-Observing] Re: Fw:Comet Tempel

  • From: "Sky Watcher" <telescope@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 06:42:09 -0700

We were up in the Payson area (about 17 miles east) on Manday (6/27)
doing a program for some scouts and the comet was visible as a very,
very faint fuzz in my 80 mm finder, but clearly visible in my C11 with a
30mm eyepiece....even the scouts and their parents were able to identify
it.  The key was a very clear, dark sky.  From the Glendale area in my
12.5 inch dob I still have not seen it.

Tony LaConte