[AZ-Observing] Fw: Good Luck DFAC

  • From: "Thom/TFW" <mthomj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 21:08:03 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Heim
To: Thom/TFW
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: Good Luck DFAC

Thanks Thom.  I'll let you know when the website "matures" to the point it's
worth linking to.  I've got SAC, EVAC, and PAS on our links page already.  I'm
not in that az-observing forum, but if you want to pass along a message to the
others, Stan was correct about the gas and distance issue.  I've had several
people ask me if there was a club in this area, 'cause they didn't want to
drive into Phoenix.  The drive was getting old for me too, as PAS now meets at
PVCC.  I thought I'd grab this chance to get a club going up here in the north
valley.  Although we will be meeting at Boulder Creek HS in Anthem, I wanted a
more neutral name for the club, and "Desert Foothills" seemed to describe our
target area well.  One of the things I really want to do is increase awareness
of light pollution in this area.  In the last year alone, there's been 6
housing starts within eyesight of my home.  And this place was EMPTY when I
moved here!  Such is progress.  -Dan