[AZ-Observing] Fun nights at Sunglow Ranch

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 02:42:13 -0700

Howdy all;

I had a fun weekend at Sunglow Ranch near Willcox, Arizona in the southeastern
corner of the state.  Nice weather, not a cloud in the sky.  However, the
seeing was quite twinkly and wound up not allow high power all weekend.  Even
so, I did get in some good observing and having the hotel room 30 feet from the
scope is very nice.  Using the back of my Subaru Outback as the standard,
having a toilet, bed and kitchenette nearby is a rare treat.  The proprieters
did a nice job of having "lights out" once the sky got dark.  I used low power
generally and viewed some open clusters and a few showpieces.  On Friday night
we saw a dozen or so bright Orionid meteors, hope that is a warm up for the
Leonids next month.

Clear Skies to us all;
Steve Coe

stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx