[AZ-Observing] Re: Follow up to last night's SAC meeting...Comet McNaught tail and GCSP Bino Chair

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:05:03 -0700

Well;

I think we can certainly say that is the largest comet tail in history.  It
would seem that a tail 200 degrees wide wins the prize.  No doubt it can be
added to the "Great" comets without much discussion.  I would like one of
those that is at its best in northern skies, but Hale-Bopp and Hyakutake
were pretty Great, also.

Clear Skies;
Steve Coe