[AZ-Observing] Flats and Bias

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:57:35 -0700

To All,

With everyone's input the issue of sharp focus and some of the exposure time
issues appear to be resolved (thanks again to the community at large). The
perplexing thing I'm trying to figure out now is that of "Flats" and "Bias"
frames. I think that dark frames are fairly straight forward (cover the
scope and shoot a frame using the same exposure, etc. and make at least
three). But as for "Flats" what is the easiest / best method to do so? Do
you make "Bias" frames at the same time or at the time your making dark
frames? Anyone have a little insight or direction here?

Jimmy Ray