[AZ-Observing] Re: Flat Iron tonite

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:29:52 -0700

With 150 lbs of thud-heavy wood in the mount, it takes a lot of wind for me.
Either place I go my papers are going to get blown around. I was just
thinking of the excellent skies. My Herschels are 90% done, 40 to go, and
guess what's left - 40 galaxies - in Virgo.

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Lunar List Awards and
Messier Marathon Co-coordinator
Phoenix AZ
spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In & Out @ 1730 spounds fine to me.  As for Eagle Eye, IN retrospect I kind
of felt it might be a bit of a drive for a 0130 moonrise, especially
considering it may be a bit windy. If I remember Eagle Eye tends to be a bit
windier than most other sites.

Anyway See you there.

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews