[AZ-Observing] Five Mile Meadow - going crazy

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,EVAC <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:33:55 -0700

I'm having a crazy attack and am trying to plan on a trip to Five Mile
Meadow beginning Thursday evening and returning Sunday morning.  Steve
Coe says he's already packed and only needs to put gas in his tank for
Thursday.  I'm trying to work out the details for Thursday night - work
and all.  Otherwise I'll show up Friday!

In addition of normal weather checking we will have to check the
Coconino Forest site for closures, it isn't clear if it will be open for
us to use.  I found this site to be helpful on closures this past
weekend, http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/ read the Fire Restriction and
click on "click here" for the link to a map of the fire restrictions and
the "Official Closure Map."

Important:  the one major restriction from the ranger station is "do not
drive into the middle of the meadow"!  Stay near the tree line.

I'll post direction to the site later but wanted to let everyone know
that there are those of us that are really crazy and are already planing
on going up there.

All interested folks are invited.

Hoping for more clear skies,
AJ Crayon